About The ASSA
The Actuarial Society serves the public interest through regulating and supporting the actuarial profession in South Africa.
We do this through:
- Providing world class education to actuarial students to ensure that those qualifying have achieved high levels of knowledge, competence and professionalism. South African actuarial education is widely acknowledged as being amongst the best in the world.
- Establishing and monitoring standards of professional practice for actuaries.
- Maintaining a rigorous disciplinary process to hold actuaries not upholding professional standards accountable
- Advancing actuarial skill and knowledge in all current fields of actuarial practice while supporting actuaries who bring their skills into wider fields
- Engaging decision makers as an impartial profession focused on the public good on all areas of policy where actuaries can contribute.
- Being an objective voice in making understanding of complex actuarially related issues accessible to the wider public
- Looking for opportunities for South African actuaries to practice both locally and internationally
The vision of the Actuarial Society is an actuarial profession of substance and stature, serving, and valued by, our stakeholders as a primary source of authoritative advice and thought leadership in the understanding, modelling and management of financial and other measurable risk.